The Mission of Mayberry Presbyterian Church is to embrace, embody, and share the good news of the grace, love, and reconciliation offered through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
February 15, 2015
Scripture: Matthew 17:1-9
Sermon Title: Transfiguration
1. Why do you think Jesus had an inner core of disciples?
2. Do Christians undergo a transfiguration of sorts?
3. Moses represents the law and Elijah, the prophets. Why is that important? (Do you recall what Jesus said about hanging on the law and the prophets?)
4. Are we sometimes like Peter, who wanted to bask in the glorious moment forever (instead of getting on with his mission)?
5. Jesus often had to exhort his followers to "not be afraid". What are some of the things he has to remind us to not be afraid of?